LIST, part of ION Group, provides technological solutions and services to Financial Institutions and Exchanges throughout the world to manage the increasing operational complexity of electronic trading, compliance and risk management.
We are looking for a Service Specialist that will be involved in the current and future delivery support and maintenance of services. You will play a key role in assist customers both from technical and functional point of view.
The Service Management team is responsible for technical investigation, keeping customers updated and reporting potential software defects to Development teams. Technical Support also takes the lead in service restoration in the event of software or hardware failures, capacity planning and Business Continuity testing of the Hosted environment.
You could be based in Pisa or Milan or Turin office.
We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
• Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
• Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
Learn more at iongroup.com
• Responds to customers’ inquiries relating to technical and functional issues with our products through phone, email, and case management system.
• Track inquiry resolution progress.
• Communicates updates effectively and promptly to the client.
• Builds up and maintains a knowledge of the software supported, including database structure and configuration files to assist in issue investigation.
• Deals with unexpected events or failures which limit clients use of the supported systems.
• Carries out application system checks, aiming to identify and resolve issues before they affect clients.
• Develops strong working relationships with other departments and third party vendors to assist with the delivery of our service to clients.
• Supports customers on testing new or changed products and services to ensure that they meet defined requirements.
• Assists with releases and deployments of services components.
• Participates in all the activities related to the IT security and cybersecurity with the aim of mitigating risk and supporting recovery programs for the area of responsibility. Runs system analysis to identify potential issues.
• Adheres to “best practice” and department procedures for client communications, incident progression and investigation.
• Participates in the team shift patterns and assists with weekend work and out of hours escalation when required.
Your skills, experience, and qualifications
• Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical degree or equivalent work experience.
• Have an enquiring mind with an analytical and proactive approach to problem solving, even when under pressure
• Good knowledge of Linux (and/or other Unix), and familiarity at the command line is preferred.
• Good knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL language.
• Knowledge of IT security and cybersecurity best practices.
• Ability to troubleshoot and approach problem solving in a logical manner.
• Knowledge of financial industry is a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Italian.
• A confident and professional manner.
• Able to manage own time and a changing workload.
• Co-operative approach to working with team members and other departments.
• Able to view situations from a customer perspective and act accordingly.
• Willingness to work shifts.
• Availability to work on weekends.
• EU Work Permit.
• Knowledge of financial industry is a plus.
Job location: Pisa, Milan, Turin.
According to the Italian Law (L.68/99) please note that candidates from the disability list will be given priority.
Due to the high volume of applications, only those candidates that meet the required criteria for selection will be contacted.
We will only consider direct applications. CVs received via recruitment agencies will not be accepted.