JANUS is a suite of advanced products designed to support financial institutions in monitoring and controlling risk in real-time and across multiple assets and markets.
These products solve multiple problems across multiple jurisdictions, with a strong focus on local compliance, comprised of functionality and rules that can be tailored by the user to fit both the regulations and the firm’s compliance regime. Originally designed to be a pre-trade buying power in-line risk management and control system, the suite has evolved, driven by customer demand, into several off the shelf, yet highly customisable applications, that are designed to be open and connected via their APIs. The system has been adopted by small and large firms, used either as a local single market solution, or global, multi market solution, with multiple inter operable instances and components each fulfilling very complex business needs.
JANUS is recognised as a market leader in the risk management space, being the first true ‘intraday consolidated dashboard’ for risk managers:
JANUS has received several awards from market participants.
Discover Janus Suite
JANUS Risk Manager (JRM) is a multi-asset, multi-currency and multi-market real-time risk management and order validation system supporting exchange traded financial instruments:
- Pre-Order pre-trade validation, monitors positions on accounts, orders according to rules defined at many different levels: markets, asset classes, instrument types etc.
- Post-Order or “at-trade”, monitors orders and executions, risk measures in real-time, evaluates and generates alarms when specific limits breached, including pending order impact
- Flexible portfolio/account structures aggregate information in real-time according to different priorities
- 80+ risk measures supported
- High Performance: Nic2Nic risk variable calculation < 30 μsec using commodity hardware
JANUS Margin Engine (JME) is a multi-asset real time portfolio margin calculation engine, tuned for near real time, highly accurate replication of clearing house initial margin evaluation
- Replicates overnight margin evaluations used by Clearing Houses intraday for immediate and precise initial margin requirements of portfolios containing futures and options on: Equities, Equities Indexes, Commodities, Interest Rates, Energy and FX
- Active Order monitoring & Worst Net Position – risk evaluated by assessing open orders not yet fully executed, the number of possible different portfolios grows exponentially with the number of active orders & JANUS estimates the highest initial margin portfolio that could be generated by all possible execution scenarios in less than 300 microseconds
- 60+ exchanges’ real-time margin algos: JANUS Margin Engine evaluates margins in real-time according to the methodologies of Exchanges/Clearing Houses. Most markets in the US, Europe, Asia, Australia and Latin America are covered
JANUS Central Limit (JCL) is a tool to manage the limit workflow approval process, with a complete audit trail of changes, automatic update of pre-trade risk layers of trading platforms (where an API is available) and reconciliation of limit definitions.
- Centralized limit approval system with a modern Web UI and REST APIs
- Trading platform agnostic
- Definition language for representation of trading platform-specific pre-trade limit definitions provided
- Data mapping with trading platform specific codes, symbols, accounts, etc.
- Workflow management for limit approval (i.e. risk admin, risk approver, credit approver etc.)
- Audit trail of all changes / approvals and data flows
- Reconciliation of limit definitions with trading platforms
- Management of ‘unsolicited changes’ (limit changes initiated in trading platform) that require ‘re-confirmation’ by the JANUS Central Limit System
- Automatic update of trading platforms pre-trade risk (where an API is available)
- Reporting of defined limits, pending approval requests, reconciliation outcomes, etc.
JANUS Behavioural Analytics (JBA) is an analytical platform that combines both historical risk data with real time data, enabling a deeper understanding of the user or client’s activities regarding risk monitoring parameters, enabling the user to rapidly evaluate limit ‘fit’ and support limit change rationale.
- Value – leveraging value from JRM monitoring data, generated by massive customizable rule sets, to safely grow and manage complex and diverse business activities, across global markets
- Visibility – build a picture of behaviour generated by trading activity, checkpoints that result from monitoring that activity, and market events around the account activity
- Source – significance of values leading to alerts, and score their relative importance
- Investigate Deeper – several tools support Limit Breach Investigation: transaction analysis, market data/market behaviour and rarity scores of breaches
- User Friendly Dashboard – quick and easy comprehension of breach explanations for rapid information assimilation – enables faster decision making