Java Developer – Senior Back End Developer
Who we are
LIST, part of ION Group, provides technological solutions and services to Financial Institutions and Exchanges throughout the world to manage the increasing operational complexity of electronic trading, compliance and risk management.
We’re visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation solutions, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, financial institutions, central banks, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. We’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
We offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster, and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
Where we are
We have offices all over the world, from London to New York, from Pisa to Sydney. We are an incredible melting pot of cultures working together to solve complex problems.
What we offer
• A unique opportunity to join a new project within ION aimed at disrupting (again!) the way our customers operate on financial markets.
• Competitive salary and benefits.
• The possibility to work in an Agile manner within multifunctional teams.
• A full-time, permanent contract.
On a case-by-case basis, remote work is considered (fully or partially), it is preferred one of the following conditions are met:
– you live within a commutable distance from Pisa or Milan, Turin, Rome, Parma.
– you are willing to relocate within a commutable distance from Pisa or Milan, Turin, Rome, Parma within one year from your start date.
• A combination of experienced professionals and younger talents distributed around the world.
• A mix of software engineers, developers, designers, product and project managers, and domain specialists.
• Led by a group of visionary leaders with an unrivaled track record in creating disruptive products for financial institutions.
Hard skills we look for and help our people develop
• Object-oriented programming, OODP, Dependency Injection, Domain Driven Development.
• Concurrent programming.
• Functional programming.
• Asynchronous programming, Network design patterns.
• Acceptance Test Drive Development tools and practices.
• Test Driven Development tools and practices.
• Continuous Integration tools and best practices.
• Continuous Delivery tools and best practices.
• Agile frameworks (Scrum, Kanban).
• Source control systems and best practices.
• Java SDK, Java 8 streams, and Lambdas.
• Git, Maven, Jenkins, Docker, AWS, Eclipse, or any other standard de-facto IDE.
•One or more among the following frameworks: JDK, Guice, Spring, Hibernate.
• You have an academic background in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
• You have started your career as a software developer and you are looking for an opportunity to demonstrate your passion for technologies and programming.
• You are not scared about complexity.
• You like simplifying complexity by keeping a K.I.S.S. approach to software design and engineering.
• You are dynamic, energetic, and passionate about technology.
• You are a quick and continuous learner.
• If you are from a non-EU country, you must have a valid EU visa or work permit.
Job location: Pisa, Milan, Turin.
According to the Italian Law (L.68/99) please note that candidates from the disability list will be given priority.
Due to the high volume of applications, only those candidates that meet the required criteria for selection will be contacted.
We will only consider direct applications. CVs received via recruitment agencies will not be accepted.