Senior Software Engineer
What we want you to do
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer that will be responsible for the analysis, definition, design, construction, maintenance and modification of LIST products. You will contribute to the development of the core company products, with a focus on optimizing their functionality.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be expected to think critically, to assess both your own code and that of your colleagues, and provide comprehensive recommendations on any possible improvements.
Job Summary & Responsibilities
• Writes new software, makes modifications to existing software applications and modules with a focus on reducing latency and improving performance system.
• Translates technical requirements and design documentation into application code and modules.
• Helps maintain code quality, organization and automatization.
• Identifies bottlenecks and bugs and devise solutions to these problems.
• Makes suggestions for problem solutions or software enhancements.
• Creates and executes unit testing and integration testing ensuring modules meet requirements.
• Contributes to the analysis of development requirements, provides design options and provide work breakdown and estimates of work.
• Provided technical support to operations and other development teams.
• Interacts with QA to solve issues.
• Creates and maintains technical documentation/manual related to assigned components to ensure supportability.
• Uses disciplined software development processes, adhering to industry standards, software best practice guidelines and security and cybersecurity company policies.
Qualifications & Requirements
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical degree.
• 2/3 years of experience in software development.
• Good knowledge of one or more programming languages (e.g. C/C++ and/or Java).
• Knowledge of object-oriented programming.
• Ability to write a well-structured code, documented and easy to maintain.
• Good knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL.
• Working knowledge of code versioning tools such as Git and SVN.
• General understanding of software development quality process.
• Basic knowledge of Agile methodologies.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Fluency in English.
• Ability to perform effectively in a deadline environment.
• Willingness to learn.
• Planning skills and results-oriented.
• EU Work Permit.
• Experience in the Financial industry is preferred
The position is open to both men and women (L. 903/77).
Level, salary and growth opportunities are commensurate with experience and training.