Leadership Development Program (Software Developer)
LIST, part of ION Group, provides technological solutions and services to Financial Institutions and Exchanges throughout the world to manage the increasing operational complexity of electronic trading, compliance and risk management.
We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators. We provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics and insights to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments worldwide. By combining creativity with a passion for technology, we design solutions and services that simplify complex processes, boost efficiency, and empower better decision-making.
Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world. With decades of industry experience and a track record of delivering mission-critical solutions, our global team is focused on building long-term partnerships with our customers so that we can help transform their business through continuous innovation.
We’re looking for talented graduates to join our Leadership Development Program
Our Leadership Development Program (LDP) consists of training, job rotations, and special projects, all supported with continuous feedback and mentoring.The program lasts 3 years, starting with a 1-month induction program where we’ll introduce you to our company, products and technologies. After the induction, you’ll progress through 4 job rotations in our development and product development teams, working on our products across the full development life-cycle.
Your rotations may include travel and the chance to work in other countries.
This position is for a full-time, permanent contract. You must live, or be willing to re-locate, within a commutable distance from Pisa or Milan, Turin, Rome, Parma.
You’ll work with experienced developers and subject matter experts at the forefront of financial technology
After completing our structured training, you’ll have the chance to take ownership of challenging projects that deliver value to our customers. You’ll learn about our business and gain experience with:
• High-performance, latency-critical distributed systems.
• Microservice architectures.
• Multi-language middleware (Java, C++, Python, Scala).
• Data processing and business intelligence.
You’ll develop the skills and capabilities you need for your career
Our program will give you expert knowledge of the product development life-cycle and financial technology.
You’ll also learn how to:
• Design effective solutions to our clients’ business problems.
• Collaborate at the software development cycle end to end.
• Work within the ION business and technology ecosystem.
We’re looking for people who are passionate about technology
We want people who:
• Enjoy learning new skills and looking for new approaches.
• Pay rigorous attention to detail.
• Proactively put ideas into action, take the initiative, and deliver results.
• Collaborate, contribute, and encourage others.
• Communicate well.
• Can work in a fast-paced environment.
You need a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a numerical discipline
• You must have above-average grades.
• You must have obtained your degree in the past 2 years, or be studying for it now.
• You must have a good level of written and spoken English.
• If you’re from a non-EU country, you must have valid EU visa or work permit.
Ideally, you’ll have some additional knowledge
• Object-oriented programming.
• Software engineering techniques.
• Unit testing.
Job location: Pisa, Milan, Turin.
According to the Italian Law (L.68/99) please note that candidates from the disability list will be given priority.
Due to the high volume of applications, only those candidates that meet the required criteria for selection will be contacted.
We will only consider direct applications. CVs received via recruitment agencies will not be accepted.