Junior Java Developer
What we want you to do
We are looking for a junior Java developer responsible for building Java applications. This includes anything between complex groups of back-end services and their client-end counterparts.
As a junior Java developer, you will become a part of a fast-growing team where you will be surrounded by both experienced and junior level colleagues, all sharing a common passion for technology and building solutions for algorithmic surveillance of electronic trading.
Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop these applications and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design and product quality is essential.
Job Summary & Responsibilities
• Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
• Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable Java code
• Ensure the best possible performance, quality and responsiveness of the applications
• Identify bottlenecks and bugs and devise solutions to these problems
• Help maintain code quality, organization and automatization
Qualifications & Requirements
• Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
• Proficient in Java, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems
• Solid knowledge of object-oriented programming
• Ability to write a well-structured code, documented and easy to maintain
• Solid knowledge of various design and architectural patterns
• Knowledge of concurrency patterns in Java
• Good experience in working with SQL
• Familiarity with build tools, such as Ant, Maven, and Gradle
• Familiarity with concepts of MVC, JDBC, and RESTful
• Solid understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git and SVN
• Fluency in English
• EU Work Permit
• Basic knowledge of Spring framework
• Basic knowledge of JMS/MQ message services and enterprise integration
• Experience with NoSQL or Oracle PL/SQL
• Basic knowledge of C/C++
The position is open to both men and women (L. 903/77).
Level, salary and growth opportunities are commensurate with experience and training.