There is an immediate vacancy in LIST for a Jira Administrator that should be based in EMEA region.
Job Summary & Responsibilities
• Supports JIRA and Confluence administration, including creation and management of customized and complex projects, workflows, security schemes, fields, dashboards and reports configurations.
• Leads JIRA/Confluence upgrades providing full comprehensive communications and guidance to stakeholders and end users.
• Schedules and coordinates maintenance, leads performance tuning/scaling in conjunction with our JIRA hosting partner.
• Installs, manages and administers Jira add-ons, plugins, and extensions.
• Manages system integrations with customers/third parties leading projects for LIST.
• Coordinates with team leads to identify JIRA Project and Confluence needs and implement them as appropriate.
• Gathers requirements related to business process workflows or related to process improvement identifying where functionalities could or could not be implemented.
• Troubleshoots and proposes solutions for a variety of complex problems and technical issues taking a holistic and preventive perspective across systems and technologies.
• Suggests remedies/solutions to existing problems recognized by others.
• Develops and delivers formal and informal technical training and presentations on JIRA and Confluence use to employees and new joiners.
• Develops and compiles training materials based on the department’s needs.
• Creates, maintains and supports dashboards and advanced filters for end users reporting capabilities.
• Assists in the creation of technology standards, design principles, best practices and supporting governance structure for enterprise architecture.
• Grants user permissions in accordance with role given by the company.
• Creates and maintains detailed technical and user facing documentation.
Qualifications & Requirements
• Bs or Ms Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical degree or equivalent work experience.
• Expert level tool administration knowledge on JIRA, and proficiency in Atlassian tool suite.
• Basic programming knowledge (Java and/or Groovy).
• Experience as a JIRA Administrator or customizing JIRA
• Proficient in Project Setups, Components, JIRA Reporting, Report Filters and Dashboard creation.
• Excellent problem solving and process implementation skills.
• Good analytical skill.
• Has the ability, under pressure, to rapidly troubleshoot underlying issues and to propose viable solutions,
• Ability to work in a constantly changing environment.
• Ability to operate across organizational boundaries, to influence technology staff and to have an impact on the internal technology community.
• Ability to quickly learn new product and business concepts.
• Good interpersonal skills supported by expressive oral and written communication styles.
• Good influencing skills.
• Able to manage multiple tasks and results oriented.
• Able to accept feedback.
• Positive attitude: cooperation, respectfulness, enthusiasm, energy.
• Good English level (spoken and written).
• Atlassian Jira univerity certifications.
The position is open to both men and women (L. 903/77).
Level, salary and growth opportunities are commensurate with experience and training.