Front-End Web Developer
What we want you to do
LIST is looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming.
As a Front-End developer, you will become a part of a fast-growing team where you will be surrounded by both experienced and junior level colleagues, all sharing a common passion for technology and building solutions for algorithmic surveillance of electronic trading.
You will take on an active role in UI/UX design, working closely with products owners and functional analysts and defining how the application looks, as well as how it works. Responsibilities will include building and translation of the UI/UX design wire frames mockups to an actual code that will produce visual elements of the application.
Job Summary & Responsibilities
• Develop new user-facing features
• Build reusable code and libraries for future use
• Build and ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
• Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
• Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
• Collaborate with other team members
Qualifications & Requirements
• Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
• Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
• Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
• Good understanding of single-page application architecture
• Good understanding of Angular and/or ExtJS
• Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, with ability to perform small adjustments to an image
• Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git and SVN
• Fluency in English
• EU Work Permit
• Basic understanding of WebSocket and/or publish/subscribe messaging protocols
• Familiarity with MQTT or STOMP
• Familiarity with tools such as Paint Net, Gimp or Photoshop
• Good understanding of Java
The position is open to both men and women (L. 903/77).
Level, salary and growth opportunities are commensurate with experience and training.