Front-End Web Developer
What we want you to do
LIST is looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. You will become a part of a fast-growing team where you will be surrounded by both experienced and junior level colleagues, all sharing a common passion for technology.
You will take on an active role in UI/UX design, working closely with products owners and functional analysts and defining how the application looks, as well as how it works. Responsibilities will include building and translation of the UI/UX design wire frames mockups to an actual code that will produce visual elements of the application.
Job Summary & Responsibilities
• Develop new user-facing features and makes modifications to existing ones with a focus on optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
• Translates technical requirements and design documentation into application code and modules.
• Helps maintain code quality, organization and automatization.
• Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
• Build and ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
• Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end.
• Makes suggestions for problem solutions or software enhancements.
• Carries out unit testing, ensuring application meets needs of client and business.
• Contributes to and maintains technical documentation/manual.
• Uses disciplined software development processes, adhering to industry standards, software best practice guidelines and security and cybersecurity company policies.
Qualifications & Requirements
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical degree or equivalent work experience.
• Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3.
• Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS.
• Good understanding of single-page application architecture.
• Good understanding of Angular and/or ExtJS.
• Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
• Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, with ability to perform small adjustments to an image.
• Basic knowledge of code versioning tools such as Git and SVN.
• Basic knowledge of Agile methodologies.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Fluency in English.
• Ability to perform effectively in a deadline environment.
• Willingness to learn.
• EU Work Permit.
• Basic understanding of WebSocket and/or publish/subscribe messaging protocols.
• Familiarity with MQTT or STOMP.
• Familiarity with tools such as Paint Net, Gimp or Photoshop.
• Good understanding of Java.
The position is open to both men and women (L. 903/77).
Level, salary and growth opportunities are commensurate with experience and training.